A little more info:
- Limited to lesser of 40% of available floorspace or 1,000 so
- Must be for minimum term of 30 days
- One additional parking space required for ADU
- Limited to one ADU on site
- Current zoning, Section 4.9.3 allows Planning Board to approve more than one ADU, this proposal will rescind Section 4.9.3
Not really surprising. Solutions to resulting climbing land values:
- Density (such as upcoming Exit 9 and adding multi-family housing options)
- Accessory Dwelling Units
- Collaborative Living Spaces
“part of the issue is a lack of public investment in affordable housing,”
“The study analyzed values for 2½ million coastal properties in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island, estimating the total loss in the four states at $403.1 million.”
“Most homes are increasing in value,” said Jeremy Porter, a lecturer in environmental health studies at Columbia who co-led the study. “What we’re finding is a gap in appreciation.”
THE MASSACHUSETTS ECONOMY is the envy of the nation. We quickly rebounded from the recession and are home to the nation’s best educated workforce and one of its largest and most diverse innovation economies. Unemployment is down to 4.5 percent and our growth is outperforming the national economy. That success is worthy of celebration, but(…)
The apartments at 323 Main Street, West Dennis, are coming on-line. Several months ago Ron Bourgeois received permission from the Planning Board to convert the former Dennis Partners Office Building into six apartments. The work is wrapping up, the Regulatory Agreement is nearing completion with the state, and tenants are being screened to move in.
Ron will be putting planters along the street side of the building. Out back, there will be picnic tables in the grass area for the residents.